HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Favorite gifts for your lover? (Read 19314 times)
Dick
Global Moderator

In love with Jane

Favorite gifts for your lover?
01/15/10 at 22:36:11

I'd love to know what OSA visitors have found to be their favorite gifts for their lovers and most-significant others.

Gift giving is so difficult because of the constraints that keep the origins hidden, the mechanisms to have things delivered, and the risk of any tell tale in attribution.

With Valentine's day coming up, what do people like to give their special someone?

IP Logged

rosepetal
YaBB Newbies

Shhh!

Re: Favorite gifts for your lover?
Reply #1 - 01/23/10 at 01:17:55

Gifts are especially hard for me because I want to give meaningful things and its hard to do that and be discreet.  I have given consumable items such as things I baked or bottles of wine.  Things that can be "blamed" on someone else as far as their origin.  I have some gifts in mind, because my OM belongs to a particular organization, so those gift items can also have came from another member and even better, my husband belongs to the same organization, so if they are found, I can explain them away.
I think you just have to be creative and think outside the box. Wink

IP Logged

Red

Living an Adventure
East Coast
Reply #2 - 04/01/10 at 10:25:34

Gift giving is tough.  Brogan and I have "rules" for not overspending.  Within that limit, I have found lots of fun things to give.  

-A key chain that says "Boss" on it, that he can pass off as a gift from one of his employees;
- A glass engraved with his name, that he keeps at the office, which I gave him with non-perishable milk and his favorite chocolate powder, so he could make his favorite chocolate milk drink...and think of me.
-Like rosepetal said, things I baked or cooked or chocolates; consumables that leave no evidence.
- Books
- A calendar I made on my computer that had pictures of all the places we'd been together the year before.

He has given me:
-Flowers that we left in the room when we left.
-Spatulas that I use in my kitchen, every day.
-Cookies that he has made.
-Cards (I do have a hiding space for these).

Nothing is as meaningful, though, as the time he sets aside to spend with me.

Red

IP Logged

Dick
Global Moderator

In love with Jane

Reply #3 - 04/02/10 at 20:45:18

Ooo.  I like the calendar idea.  I may steal that one. LOL

I love those gifts that are so ordinary that it is just knowing that they came from Jane that makes them special.  I love using them everyday (coffee mugs, small trinkets, etc.) and thinking of her.

They surround me at home, enveloping me with a warm feeling that makes me feel closer to her.

Dick

IP Logged

roger22
YaBB Newbies

Shhh!

Reply #4 - 01/23/11 at 22:41:52

I just made a CD of music that reminds us of our relationship.  She plays it in her car where it's not so obvious how many smiles that it puts on her face.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Please consider a donation to support the OSA Website.  Even a small donation helps us to keep this resource available.

Thank You!

Sponsored Links